Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Map visual blank on desktop

Hi all,

I'm having some trouble with maps on my desktop version PBI (updated as of October). None of the PBI maps are displaying anything, they all come up blank as shown below. However if I put the exact same columns into the ArcGIS map then it works, also shown below.

All i'm using is longitude and latitude and a value column (=1) for the size.

Map on left = blank!Map on left = blank!

thanks,

Will

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Anonymous wrote:

Indeed, I was thinking along the same lines, perhaps a company firewall issue. Although I've used these maps in the past and they've worked fine but now just blank. Something has changed and I've no idea what exactly.

@Anonymous

I've seen someone reported the same issue and it turned out a firewall/proxy issue. Can you try to open  the same pbix file in another network, say in your own PC home?

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
monserob
Frequent Visitor

For me it was disabled in Power BI Admin under Tenant settings. I enabled it, restarted Power BI Desktop and voila!

monserob_0-1636630171197.png

em_joyce
Advocate I
Advocate I

Hi guys! I ran into a similar problem but worse - both basemap on Map or ArcGIS can't show, and Filled Map force my Lat & Long into average or other aggregation so I can't use it. I've checked my firewall that I can totally use bin map without any problem, but the map is not working. The data set is small and clean, I couldn't find the reason why this happened.... Any help appreciated!! 

Capture.PNG

jwardebr

Today, my map visual has gone blank.  It was fine on Friday and on all previous occasion, but on opening this today the map is no longer being displayed.  I have deleted and recreated, but still no good.  I have checked and I can view Bing maps on IE, so not an issue that side.  I am working from home, which I was last week with no problems, but have disconnected my VPN connection and still nothing.  The legend is displayed, just no map.  Any guidance would be appreciated.

Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Seems like some kind of issue with connectivity to Bing Maps.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
The Definitive Guide to Power Query (M)

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...
Anonymous
Not applicable

Indeed, I was thinking along the same lines, perhaps a company firewall issue. Although I've used these maps in the past and they've worked fine but now just blank. Something has changed and I've no idea what exactly.

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous

I've seen someone reported the same issue and it turned out a firewall/proxy issue. Can you try to open  the same pbix file in another network, say in your own PC home?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Afraid not, but as far as I can see it's the most likely cause. I will talk with IT and see if they've changed anything, thanks for your help

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.