Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

dwolper
Frequent Visitor

Map showing different locations for shared user vs creator

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster. I am having a strange issue with one of my reports. When looking at the data on a map, I see all data points represented. However, when I share the report a majority of the data is not represented on the map. All of the cards show the correct data but the map does not. (Maps pictured below)

Does anyone have any sort of resolution for this?

Thanks in advance for the help!

Lowe's ASM Dashboard 1.PNGLowe's ASM Dashboard.PNG

2 REPLIES 2
v-jiascu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @dwolper,

Could we do some troubleshooting?

1. These two maps in the two pictures aren't in the same level (display). Could you please enlarge the first one to see if the problem will be solved?

2. Did you apply any RLS (Row Level Security) in the dataset?

3. How did you share the report? Share a dashboard or publish it or any other way?

Best Regards!

Dale

Community Support Team _ Dale
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-jiascu-msft wrote:

Hi @dwolper,

Could we do some troubleshooting?

1. These two maps in the two pictures aren't in the same level (display). Could you please enlarge the first one to see if the problem will be solved?

2. Did you apply any RLS (Row Level Security) in the dataset?

3. How did you share the report? Share a dashboard or publish it or any other way?

Best Regards!

Dale

Thanks for helping me walk through this.

1. No matter how the map is zoomed, the number of data points is different in my view versus theirs.

2. There is no RLS in the dataset.

3. The dashboard has been shared and the report is on a public workspace.

I had someone who was only viewing a few zip codes View Data, and all zip codes are there, just not represented on the map. Someone else aslo built a dashboard using the same data. When publishing, they can no longer see all of the dots on the map, but I can.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.