Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

ErikHorsthuis
Regular Visitor

Map not working anymore since latest update

Hi,

For some time now I use for a map-visualisation as Location a field that combines the first 4 characters of the dutch postalcodes and the word Netherlands. It look likes this "1234, Netherlands". This doesnot work anymore since latest update. I do not get any figures in the map. If I use only first 4 characters of the postalcodes then I see figures but then I see also figures in America and Australia.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@Simon_Hou-MSFT

Today it is working again. No idea what was wrong.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@ErikHorsthuis

I tested with field like "1234, Netherlands" in map visual, but I can't get it work in both March and April Update.

What version of Power BI Desktop were you using (which works properly before)? And can you share some sample data?

Regards,

@v-sihou-msft

It worked fine untill this week for a few months in a row.

You can find de data via https://1drv.ms/f/s!AtuQOpRaGh5cnRU9X_te0YTh2Ygz

For example the map on the tab "Opbrengst verkopen analyse (geo)" doesnot work anymore.

It works if I use the field Postcode only, but then revenues are spread around the world.

By the way I also have the longitude and lattitude data in the tables, but I do not know how to get that working. That was the reason that I started using the Postcalcode, Country method.

Thank you in advance for your help!

@Simon_Hou-MSFT

Today it is working again. No idea what was wrong.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.