Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

mhassani
Frequent Visitor

Map in PowerBI online doesn't behave like in Power BI desktop (bug???)

Hi, 

I have created a map in Power Bi desktop where I use the country, city and airport as a location.

In the Power Bi desktop application I can drill down from Country to City and Airport as last. When I publish my report and I open the same map in Power BI online I can only drill down from Country to City and not to Airport. The last level (airport) is shown empty on the map.

Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

4 REPLIES 4
v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@mhassani

Please try to use "Go to the next level in the hierarchy" instead of "Expand all down one level in the hierarchy" to see if it works.

If the airport is not located quite exactly, please update the airport name, for example, change "London City" to "London City Airport".

Best Regards,
Herbert

mhassani
Frequent Visitor

Since I have updated the Power BI desktop application I have the same problem in both Power BI desktop and Power BI online.

I have added an example of of the locations I am using. What I would like in my report is to drill down from country (UK) to city (London) to airport (multiple airports). Now only a few airports are being shown in stead of all the airports in the document.

I can't find the option to uload a PBIX so therefor a screenshot of the data:

Excel locations.pngGatwick is for example missingGatwick is for example missing

Vicky_Song
Impactful Individual
Impactful Individual

v-haibl-msft
Employee
Employee

@mhassani

Could you please post some sample data for this issue? (e.g. country, city and airport data)

Best Regards,
Herbert

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.