Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Gleb
Helper III
Helper III

Map filter as slicer works different as map visual

Hi. I've have a map visual(done by me as json file) and it should be used as filter. It works correct in numbers but shows it in ugly way.

Gleb_0-1653299141093.png

Here, I've chosen sweden and it shows correct numbers and correct bars, but on the total background. Just to compare, here is how simple slicer of countries works:

Gleb_1-1653299244688.png

I want my map visual work like county slicer, is there any posibilities? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
SergioSilvaPT
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @Gleb ,

Yes you can have the same effect, just select the map visual and on the top bar go to Format -> Edit interactions.

Then you will see two icons above the column chart, select the other icon that it's not selected. 

SergioSilvaPT_0-1653299788553.png

You can click again in Edit interactions to deactivate the option to change the type of interaction...

Regards,

Sérgio Silva 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Regards,
Sérgio Silva

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Check out my blog for tips and tricks about Power BI: https://pbibits.wordpress.com/

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Pete230
Helper II
Helper II

Hi @Gleb ;

I realy like your map slicer, I would like to create something simular and therefore have 3 questions, maybe you can help out:

1. how did you create your "map-slicer"?
  2. Do you know if its possible to show on the countries of this slicer some messure-numbers?
    e.g. Sweden: +5,7% (5.000 k)
  3. is it possible to use that slicer as an action as well: action -> click and sweden and open the dashboard for sweden.

Cheers

Pete

SergioSilvaPT
Resolver V
Resolver V

Hi @Gleb ,

Yes you can have the same effect, just select the map visual and on the top bar go to Format -> Edit interactions.

Then you will see two icons above the column chart, select the other icon that it's not selected. 

SergioSilvaPT_0-1653299788553.png

You can click again in Edit interactions to deactivate the option to change the type of interaction...

Regards,

Sérgio Silva 

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Regards,
Sérgio Silva

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the others find it more quickly.

Check out my blog for tips and tricks about Power BI: https://pbibits.wordpress.com/

Yes, this is the solution! Thank you so much!

Glad i could help!

Regards,
Sérgio Silva

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.