Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Map does not show correct data

Hello good morning,

I have had problems with the map that comes preloaded in the application, in the Desktop version the cudades are displayed correctly, but when publishing the report to the Web service there are some offices that do not appear on the map or that change their location.

the data is only from Mexico.

Best regards

CorsoEnr15_0-1630593688510.png

this is the image in the web service

CorsoEnr15_1-1630593803402.png

this is the desktop image of the same report

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Syndicate_Admin ,

Could you please provide the PBIX file to me? I can have a try on my side to see if I can repro the same issue.

Download the lastest version for Power BI Desktop, and changed the the "Data Category" to "Place" in Power BI deskop and published, check if it could work.

Similar question refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Map-works-in-Desktop-app-but-not-when-published-online/td-p... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Hello good morning,

Thanks for your feedback, I've been able to align the views by adding more data to the location. I was supplementing my database with data that can be sorted and help location.

My doubt was still that the Desktop view was not replicated in the Web service.

Best regards

v-luwang-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi  @Syndicate_Admin ,

Could you please provide the PBIX file to me? I can have a try on my side to see if I can repro the same issue.

Download the lastest version for Power BI Desktop, and changed the the "Data Category" to "Place" in Power BI deskop and published, check if it could work.

Similar question refer:

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Map-works-in-Desktop-app-but-not-when-published-online/td-p... 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Best Regards

Lucien

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.