Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

eorjuelad
Regular Visitor

Map Visualization Legend Measure

Hi guys, it is a pleasure to greet you.

I really need your help with a problem that I am facing currently. I am using a map visualization to show the average risk in some places. However, when I add the specific column on the legend option, on the map appears a pie chart. However, I don´t really need the pie, I just need a circle that shows me the risk average. It would be easy to use a measure, but map visualization doesn’t allow measures on the legend field.

Anyone can help me please with this situation?

Thanks in advance.

PLACERISK LEVELYEAR
Quito, Ecuador32019
Santiago Chile52017
Quito, Ecuador202019
Galapagos, Ecuador302018
Santa Cruz, Bolivia302017
Galapagos, Ecuador1002017
Santiago Chile1002017
Galapagos, Ecuador1002019
Quito, Ecuador1002018
Santa Cruz, Bolivia302017
Santa Cruz, Bolivia52017
Galapagos, Ecuador182018

Captura.PNG

In the picture, you can see that appears a pie chart, but i reallyu need the average RISK. By the way, the map must be updated when I change the filters on the sheet. 

4 REPLIES 4
alwweb
Advocate II
Advocate II

I know this is an old post, but I recently ran into a similar situation.  I think your issue is coming from the fact that your data is on a lower level (state, region, city, etc) but your map looks to be using country. 

I don't have time to play with this and test it right now, but one option would be to open the Queries in the Power Query Editor and do the following: 

1. Right-click the query with your data and click Duplicate.
  2. Select the new query, then on the Transform tab, click Group By.
  3. Choose Country or the field you want to show the averages by in the top drop-down list.
  4. Name your new Averages column, select Average in the operation, and then pick your risk level.
  5. Use the Advanced radio button if you want to add additional aggregations, like a count of the years.
  6. Rename the query appropriately.
  7. Click Close & Apply on the Home or File menus.

@eorjuelad if this works, please let me know.  

TeigeGao
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hi @eorjuelad ,

According to your description, my understanding is that you want to display the average of RISK LEVEL for each PLACE, in this scenario, we can drag the RISK LEVEL column to the size field, and select the Average like below:

PBIDesktop_BZxZaA48Za.png

The result will like below:

PBIDesktop_YlGwFFH3WO.png

Best Regards,

Teige

Hi @TeigeGao.

Thanks for your answer. However, I didn´t mention before that I am using another information on size field that show me how many times, I have checked the RISK LEVEL in a specific place. The idea to use the RISK LEVEL on Legend Field is because I need to give a specific color to the bubble depending on the RISK LEVEL. By the way, you helped me to realize that I don´t need the average calculation, I really need the Median Calculation.

Captura.PNG

The size will be changed depending on how many times I have checked the place.

The color will be changed depending on the risk level Median

Thanks in advance.

Eder.

Hi everybody, 

Please someone who can help me with this post. Although I Have tried to get a solution, I haven´t been able to do it.

@TeigeGao  has given me a solution that could works, but the scenery that I have is completely different.

Thanks in advance.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.