Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jsabo
Helper I
Helper I

Map Selection Not Affecting Slicers, turning off after making second selection

Hello,

I have a question about the basic Map. When I select a bubble, it does not affect the other slicers on the report, even though the Visual Interactions feature shows that it should. Also, when selecting a bubble, it DOES affect charts on the report. But when I make a selection on that chart, the map selection disppears. Any ideas/workarounds?

Jon

7 REPLIES 7
ademarr

You an edit the interactions among specific charts the use of " Edit Interactions" choice. select the Chart, go to the View Tab, you can see the Edit interactions option right here.

http://pdfdumps.us

I have face the same problem guys.

#AikenWaisu! have you resolve your problems??? Plz, tell me How?

http://braindumpskey.com/exam/200-125.html

http://pdfdumps.us
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @jsabo,

A slicer is used to filter visual, not being affected by visual. 

Also, which chart type did you use? Based on my test, we can make a selection in column chart which can point to corresponding location in a map. While this is not available in a line chart. And you can prevent the interaction effect between chart and map via managing the " Edit Interactions" Option.

Thanks,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, @v-yulgu-msft. In this particular case, I use a map with vendor locations. What I wanted is - I click the location on the map, which filters the bar chart to show those vendors, the bars representing spend. from that point, I wanted to select one of the bars to filter other things to that selected vendor - but when i click the bar, the selection from the map disappears.

Hi! I am new with PowerBi and I have the same problem. Were you able to solve it? thanks!:)

BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

You an edit the interactions between different charts using " Edit Interactions" Option. Select the Chart, Go to the View Tab, You can see the Edit interactions option here.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.