Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Razorbx13
Post Patron
Post Patron

Map Questions

Hi all, have a few map questions that maybe someone can help out to see if this is possible.  So have a Counties JSON file as noted below and a legend of service areas associated with the counties in a table.  The colors represent total counts of a census.  With that in mind a couple of questions?

• Can you somehow get the county names on here?  
  • Is it possible to show the legend names of service areas?
  • Can you overlay a bubble size map on top of this one?
  • Can I place an image of something like the below with names and then overlay a transparent map with bubbles on top?

Note that I do not have Lat/Longs, just a JSON file of the counties as my custom layer.  

Razorbx13_0-1637957346274.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hey @Razorbx13 ,

i suggest that you reach out to the support oF icon-map: Icon Map - Support (icon-map.com)

Regards,

Tom

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution, this will help others!

Proud to be a Super User!
I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
TomMartens
Super User
Super User

Hey @Razorbx13 ,

what you are looking for can be done using the icon-map visual: Icon Map (icon-map.com)

Hopefully, this provides some ideas on how to tackle your challenge.

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Tom, I am coming back to this.  I have downloaded the sample PBIX and the visual.  The sample appears to use an older version of the visual while the download is the newer.  They are different with regards to the slots in which to put data.  Overall though I am still having a problem here and maybe it is because of questions I have.  

1. Do I have to have a server to just use a GEOJSON file?  Can I not upload it in some way?  I do not have a server in which to store my files.

2. Looking at the example provided by them with Crimes, still cannot figure out how labels get into the boroughs.  It looks really simple, do the labels come from the GEOJSON file?

3. In the latest version, I would have thought I could just place a County, State, County on the Category and a Measure on the Value and the map would present itself and then I could figure out labels, but all I see is the basic England map.  

I have taken the 2.0 visual data and placed it into the latest visual successfully.  All I am trying to do is determine how to place a Nebraska County GEOJSON file into the map with titles of the county.  That's it.  Once I figure that out then maybe I can add more layers.  I like what I see but am trying to map Oil Wells and use the line function to show their horizontal drilling patterns.  But I need the basic background layer first.

Thanks!

Hey @Razorbx13 ,

i suggest that you reach out to the support oF icon-map: Icon Map - Support (icon-map.com)

Regards,

Tom

I accept Kudos 😉
Hamburg, Germany

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.