Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

MaBla2

Map: Locations in the U.S. shown in Europe

Hi there,

I am struggling with Bing maps. Some of locations in the U.S. are shown in Europe. The columns 'Region', 'Postal Code' and 'Country Key' are categorized as State, Postal Code and Country/Region respectively in the Advanced ribbon. 

Does anybody have an idea how to solve that? Thank you for your support.

Data structure.jpgLocations.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

There are two options. Your first option is to add a column for country = USA, then add the country column and the other location details to your visual. You then need to drill down to see the details

The second option is to fully qualified your address using commas to separate the location in the country and then add that to the visual

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
GDUb
Advocate I
Advocate I

Another solution: 

In the "Data" workspace, select the column containing the postal code in your table. On the "Column Tools" tab, use the "Data Category" dropdown to choose "Postal code" 

GDUb_1-1693864109809.png

This should locate all of the bubbles appropriately. 

There are two options. Your first option is to add a column for country = USA, then add the country column and the other location details to your visual. You then need to drill down to see the details

The second option is to fully qualified your address using commas to separate the location in the country and then add that to the visual

* Matt is an 8 times Microsoft MVP (Power BI) and author of the Power BI Book Supercharge Power BI.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.