Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

bullius
Helper V
Helper V

Map Layering

Hi, is there a way of combining location points with custom reference layers?

E.g.

- Can I upload my own reference layer to an ArcGIS map?

- Can I add a locations layer to a shape map?

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@bullius

To add your custom reference layers to ArcGIS, please refer to document: Add custom reference layers to ArcGIS.

In shape map, you can only add your custom map, see: Shape Maps in Power BI Desktop (Preview)

Regards,

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
ELW
Advocate II
Advocate II

It's been 7 years, is it still the case that a map can't have both custom shape and point layers without getting an ArcGIS license?

Chidi2
Regular Visitor

Please all, I am new to this forum and to power bi. Is it possible to create reference lay on my map?

i have Lat Long of different locations and will like to use one as reference and the other as a layer to the reference. 

So that when I use slider or slicer I will still see the reference, while the other layer changes base on the condition I click on the slider. 

v-sihou-msft
Employee
Employee

@bullius

To add your custom reference layers to ArcGIS, please refer to document: Add custom reference layers to ArcGIS.

In shape map, you can only add your custom map, see: Shape Maps in Power BI Desktop (Preview)

Regards,

Thank you.

Just to confirm then, there is no way of combining custom shape layers with location points without paying for a subscription with Esri to be able to publish hosted feature layers.

Is that correct?

@bullius

Correct. You have to have ArcGIS Online organizational account to publish hosted feature layer.

Regards,

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.