Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

victoriavd
Frequent Visitor

Map Issues Russia

Hi I am facing the folowing issue when ussing filled maps with Russian regions- "Москва" (Moscow) is replaced with "Московская область" (Moscow region) in terms of geographical borders. I.e. I see Moscow istead of Moscow region 

The same issue with "Воронеж", ( Voronezh) "Воронежская область" ( Voronezh region)

My data has only the regions in it.

Thanks it advance for your assistance

Capture.JPG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@victoriavd ,

'Moscow' and 'Moscow Region' should be ambiguous in map. Have you tried add latitude and longitude data? The latitude and longitude data will be located precisely.

pbi-latitude.png 

For more details, please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-filled-maps-choropleths#con...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@victoriavd ,

'Moscow' and 'Moscow Region' should be ambiguous in map. Have you tried add latitude and longitude data? The latitude and longitude data will be located precisely.

pbi-latitude.png 

For more details, please refer to doc below:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/visuals/power-bi-visualization-filled-maps-choropleths#con...

Regards,

Jimmy Tao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors