Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Map Data Colors Shows Unknown Color

Hi, my map in Power BI shows a different color where I don't specify the color in Conditional Formatting. This is my map looks like and the Conditional Formatting that has been set in data colors. Mind that Av.Items is a measure that calculate the average of items per box. My map shows blue color where the Av.Items could pass different values. As an example, at one point, a blue color may result Av.Items = 1. It should shows green color instead of blue. Anybody can help on this?

sharifahy_0-1601363225221.png

sharifahy_2-1601363284002.png

blue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

First thing looking at your conditional formatting conditions - You are missing a condition for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2

You have given a color when it is 1 then directly a condition greater than equal to 2 and less than equal to 3.

Conditional formatting doesn't know what to give for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2.

Also, I think your Av,Items measure must be having decimal values not whole number values. Check the data-type for your measure as well as for conditional formatting you are using Whole Number values not Decimal Number values.

Try checking the above things and see if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User
Super User

Hi @Anonymous ,

First thing looking at your conditional formatting conditions - You are missing a condition for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2

You have given a color when it is 1 then directly a condition greater than equal to 2 and less than equal to 3.

Conditional formatting doesn't know what to give for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2.

Also, I think your Av,Items measure must be having decimal values not whole number values. Check the data-type for your measure as well as for conditional formatting you are using Whole Number values not Decimal Number values.

Try checking the above things and see if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

Best Regards,

Pragati Jain

MVP logo

LinkedIn | Twitter | Blog YouTube 

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! This will help others on the forum!

Appreciate your Kudos!!

Proud to be a Super User!!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you for taking time to answer @Pragati11.

The user requirement needs me to use the average as a whole number as it is the average count of items per box. An item came in a whole pack/form and not half or 1/4 of it. I'll try as what you suggested and let's see what'll happen.

I'll marked your answer as solution once it solve the problem. Thanks again! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.