cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sharifahy
Helper II
Helper II

Map Data Colors Shows Unknown Color

Hi, my map in Power BI shows a different color where I don't specify the color in Conditional Formatting. This is my map looks like and the Conditional Formatting that has been set in data colors. Mind that Av.Items is a measure that calculate the average of items per box. My map shows blue color where the Av.Items could pass different values. As an example, at one point, a blue color may result Av.Items = 1. It should shows green color instead of blue. Anybody can help on this?

sharifahy_0-1601363225221.png

sharifahy_2-1601363284002.png

blue.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Pragati11
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @sharifahy ,

First thing looking at your conditional formatting conditions - You are missing a condition for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2

You have given a color when it is 1 then directly a condition greater than equal to 2 and less than equal to 3.

Conditional formatting doesn't know what to give for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2.

Also, I think your Av,Items measure must be having decimal values not whole number values. Check the data-type for your measure as well as for conditional formatting you are using Whole Number values not Decimal Number values.

Try checking the above things and see if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

If this helps, Appreciate a KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Pragati11
Super User III
Super User III

Hi @sharifahy ,

First thing looking at your conditional formatting conditions - You are missing a condition for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2

You have given a color when it is 1 then directly a condition greater than equal to 2 and less than equal to 3.

Conditional formatting doesn't know what to give for GREATER THAN 1 & LESS THAN 2.

Also, I think your Av,Items measure must be having decimal values not whole number values. Check the data-type for your measure as well as for conditional formatting you are using Whole Number values not Decimal Number values.

Try checking the above things and see if this helps.

Thanks,

Pragati

If this helps, Appreciate a KUDOS!
Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

Thank you for taking time to answer @Pragati11.

The user requirement needs me to use the average as a whole number as it is the average count of items per box. An item came in a whole pack/form and not half or 1/4 of it. I'll try as what you suggested and let's see what'll happen.

I'll marked your answer as solution once it solve the problem. Thanks again! 😄

Helpful resources

Announcements
PBI User Groups

Welcome to the User Group Public Preview

Check out new user group experience and if you are a leader please create your group!

MBAS on Demand

Microsoft Business Applications Summit sessions

On-demand access to all the great content presented by the product teams and community members! #MSBizAppsSummit #CommunityRocks

MBAS Attendee Badge

Claim Your Badge & Digital Swag!

Check out how to claim yours today!

secondImage

Are You Ready?

Test your skills now with the Cloud Skills Challenge.

Top Solution Authors