Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

RyanLMoran
Helper I
Helper I

Map Creation multiple cities

Hello:  We're creating a dashboard that will show various items.  One piece that we want to have is a map that will show the cities that we have computer labs in.  There are currently about 12 different cities.  Can somebody give me a bit of guidance as to the best way to structure this so that the 12 cities, currently all in one State but we may be adding additional States in the near future, will show on the map?  Thank you.

2 REPLIES 2
RyanLMoran
Helper I
Helper I

Thanks! I'm really just looking to dot the city in the respective State, rather than coloring a State.  Ideally, I'd have a dot for the 12 cities within the State.  Hover over the dot and it would give the city location.  Maybe a summary listing of all of the cities with the State that we have a presence in.  I'm just doing this as simply as possible off of an excel sheet and I'm not sure if I should have a separate sheet that lists the cities and their latitude and longitude or what is the best way to get these to show up as we want.  Thanks again.

amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@RyanLMoran , You can create a measure that shows if the city as compute lab

Cnt =Count(Table[Labs]) +0

If( [cnt] >0 , "green", "red")

Use this in conditional formatting using the field value option

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/Winner-Topper-on-Map-How-to-Color-States-on-a-Map-wi...

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.