Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

DebbieE
Community Champion
Community Champion

Map Adding all my UK Geographical data doesn't work and I cant create a hierarchy

Im doing a demo which came with UK Council information, Derbyshire Dales, Amber valley etc

Ive attempted to add some more information so

District Council                                Country      District                 County                        Region                Postcode

Chesterfield Borough Council          England     Chesterfield         Derbyshire                   East Midlands     S4........

Nottingham City Council                 England     Nottingham        Nottinghamshire          East Midlands     N4........

And Ive modelled the following

Postcode      Postal Code

District         State or Province

County         County

Region         Country/Region

Country       Country/Region

But its just not working properly. Postcode is too much informaiton. I want to start at a higher level

Country and Region dont work at all

County works fine

District - Amber Valley and Chesterfield are both in the United Stated when they should be in the UK

Ive tried adding in Postcode when I use District but this doesnt change anything

Ive tried putting them all into a hierarchy put that stops everything working

Id love to be able to drill down Country to Region to County to District and finally to Postcode but I just cant get it working

4 REPLIES 4
HotChilli
Super User
Super User

I was able to get a version working. I'm not sure if it's exactly what you need.

Using Map visual : pull Country, Region , County , District , Postcode into the Location well. Country has to be categorised as State/Province (take that up with Bing, if you like).  Use the drilldown features in the visualisation to experiment.

Thats what Ive been doing but it just doesnt work for me

Please be more specific about what's not working now. At the very least you'll have the same model as i now have.

Which Map visualisation are you using?

Start at Country level. Does that show correctly?

I added all the specifics to the start of the past

And Ive modelled the following

Postcode      Postal Code

District         State or Province

County         County

Region         Country/Region

Country       Country/Region

But its just not working properly. Adding them seperately......

(Im using Map) Postcode is fine

Country and Region dont work at all

County works fine

District - Amber Valley and Chesterfield are both in the United Stated when they should be in the UK

Adding them in one by one from Country, Nothing gets added into the map because Country and Region dont work.

Adding the ones in that work

Adding County and then District still doesnt work because Ive still got two districts in the united States when they should be in thr UK. Adding Postcode doesnt change this either. District amber Valley and District Chesterfield

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.