Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shoeshirt
Frequent Visitor

Many to many relationship

I created a bridge table to join 2 separate tables using Import connectivity so I have a many-to-many relationship between 3 tables.

The Bridge table only has  distinct idnumbers

Capacity has idnumbers, dates and capacities. Capacities can change at any time but for most it stays the same.

Value has idnumbers, dates and volumes going back 1 year.

I want to merge the Capacity and Value tables so that I have the value and the capacity with the capacity changing as the capacity date lines up

with the value date-basically I want the capacity to carry forward until it changes again.

Capacity changes on 1/15/2020Capacity changes on 1/15/2020

This is so I can show the total value on a line chart as compared to the average of the capacity so that as the values rise you can see it getting close to the capacity but then see the change in the capacity as it is increased in relation to the value. There's probably an easier way to do this than I am visualizing but I can't seem to come up with anything.

Any help would be much appreciated!

3 REPLIES 3
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

The information you have provided is not making the problem clear to me. Can you please explain with an example. If possible please share a sample pbix file after removing sensitive information.
Thanks.

My Recent Blog -
Time Intelligence - Direct Query

Can I send the .pbix to you directly? 

I ended up finding a solutiion using DAX. Thank you to anyone who may be looking at this now but I ended up solving the problem.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.