Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kapil512
Helper II
Helper II

Many to Many relationship for below data.

Hi,

Can any one please help meto solve the below Issue.

I am trying to create the relationship for the below data, this is for M:M.

AccountIDTERR_NAME USER_IDTERR_NAME
00124000005BmAAIMSL  00524000001goTCAAYMSL
00124000005BvAAIMSL  00524000001goTCAAYMSL
00124000006BxAAIMSL    
00124000007AmAAIMSL    

for above data, TERR_Nameis the column data and that is M:M R/S.

For that i have created the Distinct values and created the Bridge table, but when i drag the both tables feilds to single report its saying R/S does not exit.

Can anyone please help me out,how to do this?

Thanks,

Kapil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @kapil512,

I don't think it make sense to get the cloumns from both tables for Many to Many releationship tables data into single Visual. Take below two tables as an example, for record "B 4" in Table1, which value in Table2[Column4] should be matched with it? How to dispaly all these columns in visual?

1.PNG2.PNG

Or if you want to dispaly values in visual like below, you could create a calculated table via crossjoin two tables then filter.

DAX similar to:

Table4 =
FILTER ( CROSSJOIN ( Table1, Table2 ), Table1[Column1] = Table2[Column3] )

A 1 gdh
A 2 gdh
A 3 gdh
B 4 sthsrtj
B 4 sga
B 4 hh
B 4 dh
B 56 sthsrtj
B 56 sga
B 56 hh
B 56 dh

By the way, do mask sensitive data before uploading detailed data.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
emadrigal
Helper II
Helper II

Have you tried creating a intermediate table for this relation., in table relation there is not a direct many to many relation., there always have to come a third table to haddle this relation.

try creating a table with those relation.

parry2k
Super User
Super User

What you mean by R/S doesn't exists?

How your bridge table look like? How you are setting up the relationship?

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Hi Parry,

Thank you for your response..!

R/S means relationship.

my bridge table is like this. 

Bridge Table Column
MSL
MSL Admin
MSL Lead

Thanks,

Kapil

Hi @kapil512,

It is not allowed to add fields from Many to Many tables into a single visual. As the error prompts, it cannot determine which row is uniquely matched with in another table.

1.PNG

Best regards,
Yuliana Gu

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for your response..!

Do we have any other solution to get the cloumns from both tables for Many to Many releationship tables data into single Visual.

Thanks,

Kapil

Hi @kapil512,

I don't think it make sense to get the cloumns from both tables for Many to Many releationship tables data into single Visual. Take below two tables as an example, for record "B 4" in Table1, which value in Table2[Column4] should be matched with it? How to dispaly all these columns in visual?

1.PNG2.PNG

Or if you want to dispaly values in visual like below, you could create a calculated table via crossjoin two tables then filter.

DAX similar to:

Table4 =
FILTER ( CROSSJOIN ( Table1, Table2 ), Table1[Column1] = Table2[Column3] )

A 1 gdh
A 2 gdh
A 3 gdh
B 4 sthsrtj
B 4 sga
B 4 hh
B 4 dh
B 56 sthsrtj
B 56 sga
B 56 hh
B 56 dh

By the way, do mask sensitive data before uploading detailed data.

Regards,
Yuliana Gu

Thank you Yulgu,

Its working fine.

Thanks,

Kapil Dev

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.