Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

hnsbhat
Helper I
Helper I

Many to Many relationship filter - Excel Drill down

Hello,

Though this relates to excel not sure similar issues are there is Power BI. 

I have tables which need many to many relationships for BUs. So I connected them using Table2 which has unique BUs. All three table are connected by BU.  I have created below measure in Table1 to get the SUM of amount using filter from Table3. When used in the pivot table with filter from Table3-Combination it gives the desired result. But if I drill down the pivot I get all the data ignoring the filter from Table3. My primary purpose is to get the correct drill down for filters from Table3.

Please refer to this file.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Y1RJCraYYwdOoa-SmqFvVVXeOcxmz3rH

Is there a way to achieve this? Thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
v-yulgu-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @hnsbhat,

When used in the pivot table with filter from Table3-Combination it gives the desired result. But if I drill down the pivot I get all the data ignoring the filter from Table3. My primary purpose is to get the correct drill down for filters from Table3. 

This problem doesn't exist in Power BI. When you drill down to next level, the filter you applied will be kept.

Remember to set the "Cross Filter direction" to "Both". Otherwise, when you select an item from Table3, the  amount values calculated based on Table1 won't be dynamically changed.

1.PNG

In this test, I used a Matrix. Add Table1[ID] and Table1[BU] to "Rows" of Matrix, add the measure to values.

2.PNG

Right click "1001" and choose "Drill Down"

3.PNG

Best regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you Yuliana  for looking into this. Yes in power BI seems to be working, but it seems there is no way to achieve this in excel.

Hi @hnsbhat,

If you want this feature available or want any workaround in Excel, I would suggest you post question on a more related forum to get professional advice.

Regards,

Yuliana Gu

Community Support Team _ Yuliana Gu
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.