Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

S-F
Regular Visitor

Many-To-Many Table Relationships With RLS Not Working

The issue I'm having is that I have 3 tables that aren't filtering with the RLS roles I have set. I have the tables setup like this:

capture.png

On the report I have a table displaying the details from the Contract_Details table (there are more columns in that table that aren't shown in the picture). The Rebate_Header has an entry for each contract and the User_Contracts table has an entry for each RebateID and associated email address.

What I want to do is filter the contracts that appear depending on the logged-in using their UPN. I have defined a role that filters based on UPN like this:

[emailaddress] = Username()

When I try to view as the role I defined, the data in my table doesn't change; however, the data in the User_Contracts table is getting filtered.

The table in my report changes for the role when I have the tables setup like this:

capture.png

The issue is that I don't have unique RebateID's in the User_Contracts table, so this method isn't working for me. Would anyone know how to resolve this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@S-F,

Here is a similar issue about RLS for many to many relationship model in Power BI. Please refer to the link below and check if it helps or not.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/RLS-not-working-totally/td-p/68342

Regards,

Charlie Liao

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-caliao-msft
Employee
Employee

@S-F,

Here is a similar issue about RLS for many to many relationship model in Power BI. Please refer to the link below and check if it helps or not.
https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/RLS-not-working-totally/td-p/68342

Regards,

Charlie Liao

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.