Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Trudgeon
Helper III
Helper III

Manually create date field hierarchy?

Per best practices, we created a data table and turned off the Auto Date/Time time intellgence feature.  Our data contains many date fields, so this prevents the system from bogging down.

However, I am now linking to a new data table that has two date fields we want to report on (created date & closed date).  This, unfortunately, prevents me from linking our date table to the new data table as I can only have one active relationship and we need both dates to be reportable.

Is it possible to easily create date hierarchy for the two date fields without having to manually build hidden date tables for each? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Trudgeon ,

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Multiple-relationships-between-tables/m-p/627697#M299887

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-chuncz-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Trudgeon ,

You may take a look at the post below.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Multiple-relationships-between-tables/m-p/627697#M299887

Community Support Team _ Sam Zha
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thanks, @v-chuncz-msft.  Much appreciated!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.