Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Georger2323
Helper I
Helper I

Manual report refresh does not work

The report does not get updated when I hit the "refresh" button on My Workspace( at the top of the left picture). However, the button works on Power BI desktop. I tried to first save the file  before trying to refresh it on My WorkSpace but still doesn't work.

refresh.png

Am I doing anything wrong here?

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Thank you for the reply. What I actually want is to publish my report on the web (since I'm using the free version and it's the only way to publish my report).

My question is, whenever a scheduled refresh is applied, is the report that appears on the web updated as well if I refresh the webpage?

Because when I manually refresh my dataset from Power BI Service, the report visualizations are indeed updated but only on the service and NOT in the public webpage.

EDIT: After searching on forums, it seems like it takes up to 1 hour to refresh the data on web page. My problem is resolved.

I get my data from Crate DB which is hosted on localhost:4200

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-juanli-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Georger2323 

The "refresh" button in Power BI Desktop and Service are different.

If the datasource is on-premise, to refresh from Power BI Service, you need to configuire schedule refresh for the dataset.

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/refresh-scheduled-refresh

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-gateway-onprem

If the datasource is online, you need to edit credential for the dataset in Power BI Service.

Best Regards
Maggie

Community Support Team _ Maggie Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Thank you for the reply. What I actually want is to publish my report on the web (since I'm using the free version and it's the only way to publish my report).

My question is, whenever a scheduled refresh is applied, is the report that appears on the web updated as well if I refresh the webpage?

Because when I manually refresh my dataset from Power BI Service, the report visualizations are indeed updated but only on the service and NOT in the public webpage.

EDIT: After searching on forums, it seems like it takes up to 1 hour to refresh the data on web page. My problem is resolved.

I get my data from Crate DB which is hosted on localhost:4200

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.