Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

shaherbano
Employee
Employee

Manual Refresh stuck for long time and so is cancel option from SHAREPOINT (is there an issue ?)

PBI issue.PNG

this is stuck here and even cancel gets stuck. Data is on an Excel File on Sharepoint. But i am have same issue while refreshing a view from SQL server.  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

A friend told to uninstall and reinstall PBI desktop app. That worked!

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @shaherbano ,

Have you solved the problem?

I you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, feel free to ask.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

the other solution, uninstall and reinstall PBI desktop worked. now this is a less than 10 secs refresh.

A friend told to uninstall and reinstall PBI desktop app. That worked!

v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @shaherbano ,

I have still a little confused about your scenario. Please let me know the details below.

It seems that you have refresh problems in power bi desktop for the data source from sharepoint and sql server.

Are your data source very large ? If they are, I think that will take some time for refresh.

Which connector do you use for getting data from sharepoint?

In addition, do you have the issue in query editor or report view?

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.