Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managing relationships and difficulty with data in dashboards

Hi All,

I am stuck building a dashboard connecting my different tables. I have imported an OA table, financial table (excel), staff costs (excel), and a second financial data set to be the main connector for the relationships of these table(i have deleted all other columns besides project #,name, and client). I connected all of these with 1 to many relationships and single cross filters. Lastly i created a calendar table that only connect back to open air and staff costs. 

I am not going to create my dashboard and neither of my financial data tables will merge into the dashboard table with staff cost data and OA data. However OA and Staff costs work fine together.

Any idea why this may be happening?

3 REPLIES 3
SingSong
Frequent Visitor

Hello @Anonymous I would suggest doing some troubleshooting by first of all creating a master table of the project # this will allow you to create a 1 to * relationships with all other tables. You could do this with calculate table and use DISTINCT(Project#) but I think if you then try to build a single table using Related or Merging queries or somthing else you would run into some circular issues so if possible create it separately or duplicate the source table first in query editor.

Hope this suggestion helps

Kind regards

SingSong

parry2k
Super User
Super User

@Anonymous can you share relationship diagram and what visuals you are doing? If using measures, what is the expression? It is very hard to figure out from your message what is the issue. Read this post to get your answer quickly.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Community-Blog/How-to-Get-Your-Question-Answered-Quickly/ba-p/38490

Subscribe to the @PowerBIHowTo YT channel for an upcoming video on List and Record functions in Power Query!!

Learn Power BI and Fabric - subscribe to our YT channel - Click here: @PowerBIHowTo

If my solution proved useful, I'd be delighted to receive Kudos. When you put effort into asking a question, it's equally thoughtful to acknowledge and give Kudos to the individual who helped you solve the problem. It's a small gesture that shows appreciation and encouragement! ❤

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution. Proud to be a Super User! Appreciate your Kudos 🙂
Feel free to email me with any of your BI needs.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I am unable to share a screenshot of the data as i do not want to cross any legal regulations on confidential data. But essentially everything is connected by project # to a financce table. The only connection missing is my calendar table does not contain a project #

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.