Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

cheskafausto
Frequent Visitor

Managing relationship with filtered queries

Hi everyone,

I am currently using powerbi desktop to connect to an oracle 12cr2 database by direct query. 

I have a couple of queries (that are just copies of each other) that have been introduced to this filter below:

#"custom step"=Table.SelectRows(#"Name of Previous Step", each ([Datetime]) <=(DateTime.LocalNow()+#duration(0,0,X,0)))

where X is different time horizons, (5, 10, 15, 20 etc. ) for each of those queries. FYI, this filter is used to show some data over the next 5, 10 , 15 20 mins that is based on the local time of the machine. 

For example i have these 4 queries, that looks over the next 5 , 10, 15 , 20 mins of the current time. I would now like to be able to "LINK" ALL these queries in ONE graph, wherein I can use a SLICER to choose between what time horizon I want to view on that graph. 

I have tried merging, but the issue with that, i believe, is that the lengths of the columns are NOT the same. and also there are unique values i think. 

We have also tried looking into relationships between these tables, but it seems to have the same issue.

Is there a work around on this one? 

2 REPLIES 2
Greg_Deckler
Super User
Super User

Could you add a custom column to each query that identifies its time horizon and then Append all of them together? Sorry, I am not visualizing how your data looks very well, sample/example data would help.

@ me in replies or I'll lose your thread!!!
Instead of a Kudo, please vote for this idea
Become an expert!: Enterprise DNA
External Tools: MSHGQM
YouTube Channel!: Microsoft Hates Greg
Latest book!:
Mastering Power BI 2nd Edition

DAX is easy, CALCULATE makes DAX hard...

Hi smoupre,

Thank you for your reply. 

I think I understand your idea, but you think this appending action can be done automatically? 

For example, if i have 4 separate queries that filters data from 12mn to currenttime of the day + next (5, 10, 15, 20mins)  (so technically, rows are unfiltered throughout the day) , will these still be reflected on to that appended query without any human intervention? 

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.