Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

harshadrokade
Post Partisan
Post Partisan

Managing intervals on X axis

I have data with some numbers against dates starting from 01-Jan-2020 to 28-Oct-2020. I plotted this data on Area chart with dates on X axis & number on Y axis. 

The dates coming on X axis are coming individualy as a seperate date. I want to show all the dates numbers on the chart but on X Axis I want to show the dates with month intervals like  01-Jan-2020,  01-Feb-2020,  01-Mar-2020.

How can I manage X axis label shown with a month gap interval.

5 REPLIES 5
jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

I don't know of a way to force it to display all the months.  It looks like it will only show a maximum of 8 labels and when you are showing a larger date range it shows fewer labels and starts to hide every other month.  The dynamic nature of the axis labels stops you from forcing it to always show each month.

2021-10-29_8-07-54.jpg

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

You would need to add the month value to your date table as a new column then use that column as your x axis.

Hi @jdbuchanan71 

That will not work as then it will not show me the daily chart area. I want to see all dates data on chart but on X axis, I want monthly intervals shown. Refer the chart created in excel as below where you can see chart showing all dates values but X axis shows labels as monthly dates

harshadrokade_0-1635518212956.png

jdbuchanan71
Super User
Super User

If you change the X axis type to be continuous instead of categorical it should group them together.

jdbuchanan71_0-1635442280159.png

jdbuchanan71_1-1635442293845.png

@jdbuchanan71 Thanks Sir. I want the dates on X Axis with monthly intervals. Categorial option provides dates on X Axis but the interval provided is daily. I want to manage this interval to months. So dates on X Axis should be like 01/Oct/2020, 01/Nov/2020, 01/Dec/2020 and so on..

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.