Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

KGBOR
Helper I
Helper I

Managing data refresh from multiple files located on Sharepoint

I have the following situation: until now I've been using a single xlsx file as my fact table which is updated manually on a daily basis on a Sharepoint location. Since this requires manual effort and not sustainable I'll be able to get a daily automated export placed to the same Sharepoint location, however the individual days will be stored in different files but they'll share the same structure and a slightly different name depending on the date. 

I'm sure there must be a way to incorporate all of these files into a single dataset somehow however I could not find the relevant article. Any help would be appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Sounds like you'd need to use the "Connect to Sharepoint Folder" connector method. 

Follow instructions here on how to get the URL for the Sharepoint folder to add in this connecter https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/sharepointfolder

If you instruct the query to look the particular folder you keep it in, it should pick up new files when you upload them, you can also get the filename as a column within the query and use that to flag a row with a date based on the file name too.

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
AlexanderPrime
Solution Supplier
Solution Supplier

Sounds like you'd need to use the "Connect to Sharepoint Folder" connector method. 

Follow instructions here on how to get the URL for the Sharepoint folder to add in this connecter https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-query/connectors/sharepointfolder

If you instruct the query to look the particular folder you keep it in, it should pick up new files when you upload them, you can also get the filename as a column within the query and use that to flag a row with a date based on the file name too.

Please note - I am not affiliated with Microsoft, I'm just an end user like yourself.
Just a regular guy doin' Data Science.

If my post has helped you, please don't forget to thumbs up or click "Accept as solution" if it solved your problem!

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.