Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

CarlsBerg999
Helper V
Helper V

Managing credentials for multiple sources

Hi,

I have connected to multiple data sources to create a report. However, all the data sources work with the same credentials, so for example in the picture below, all Odata sources work with the same username and password. Changing this username and password is very cumbersome if i have to do it manually by opening each "Edit credentials" one-by-one. 

Is there a more efficient way to managing credentials? Like a "master credential"? The Odata's are all for SAP for example, so a single sign on would suffice. 

Thanks in advance!

CarlsBerg999_0-1656315731352.png

2 REPLIES 2
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

@CarlsBerg999 , Are using some custom queries or something else because of which you are getting so many connections. There should be some property used in URL or you added custom queries. Please check and current in the file, it should automatically merge here. We had the same issue. We corrected connection details for table and they got merged

Hi,

No, these are all individual URL's to which a connection is made separately. Each data source is a separate entity and this is an expected behavior to my eye. However, I would wish that there would be a "master password" for the url. Basically i connect to "http://mysapclient8488.com/report1.....n". What i could imagine is, that there would be possibility in PowerBi to save a password for mysapclient8488 rather than to individually type the password for all reports that are specified in the later part of the url.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.