Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

jmillsjmills
Helper III
Helper III

Managing Source Permissions in Bulk

I have an issue whereby I've built something that aggregates data from 100+ different websites in one report. It ran fine on my old computer but it would seem that whenever I open up the report on a new device, the "Permissions" seem to get disconnected and add I have to ONE BY ONE reconnect them.

Each window pops up saying "Select which level to apply these settings to..." and I'm hitting connect, but it takes a good few minutes to do each one so considering there are 100+ this will take ages to complete!

Does anyone know a fast track route to reconnecting everything somehow? Or ensuring that permissions are always stored property regardless of the device I'm on, therefore not needing resetting?

Is it perhaps just straight up ridiculous to have so many different data sources within just one Power BI report? I appreciate it is much more conventional to only have a handful and that this may be a slightly atypical case.

Thanks so much! If anyone can help me, this will save A LOT of time!
1 REPLY 1
v-yinliw-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @jmillsjmills ,

Does your data source need to connect to the Gateway?

If so, you can Migrate, restore, or take over an on-premises data gateway.

You can follow the documentation below:

Migrate, restore, or take over an on-premises data gateway | Microsoft Learn

Best Regards,

Community Support Team _Yinliw

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.