Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Managing Relationship Help

I have 4 different data sources. Master Data (describes each part number and gives details on many metrics), Master Date (allows me to get all data in week-to-week formats), Trailing 6-Months of Bookings, and Forecast History.

My file is designated for looking at Forecast Attainment.

How would I connect all of these so a chart showing Bookings vs. Forecast by Date could be sliced using Master Data?

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Nickhamilton, really difficult to visualize without sample data, but I will assume your Trailing 6-Months of Bookings have part number or key for all transactional days(Master Date), same assumption for your Forecast History, if that is the case, a simple star schema model will do the trick, your Trailing 6-Months of Bookings as "fact", relationship with Master Data via part number or key, Master Date on date or transactional date and Forecast History on just part number

Anonymous
Not applicable

PBI relationships.PNG

Bookings, Forecast, and Master Data all have Material and Material Descriptions that I've tried using as the connector. Master Date, Forecast, and Bookings all have the same date formats as well. I just can't get the connections to mesh correctly. Right now, I am forced to use 2 slices for each metric I want to have my graph represent.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had same problem, I push all my data modelling to db, I was using SQL Server, basically joining all of your metrics into just one table with flags you can slice on, that will take out AOP Forecast 2019, Trailing 6-months..., SAP Daily SKU... and One time Historical into one table, with your Master Date, I see all other tables also have Master Date....., all logic built in these table push it into your master date only publish a key you will connect with, not sure what Combined Weekly Forecast has. Ultimately you will only have just two entities in your PBI Data model, I hope this helps.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I also merged the Mater Data with Bookings and Forecast seperatley to add a column for the Value Stream metric but no slicer will change both Y values (bookings and forecast)

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.