Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

nlefalher
Frequent Visitor

Manage roles : hide a column with value

Hello,

I would like to know how to hide all values from a column but i want to keep the other columns.

Here a exemple table :

Region ||  Production || Time || Turn over

North   || 1500            || 15     || 3600

South   || 200              || 10     || 1200

South   || 800              || 17     || 1800

I would like to get 0 on the turn over column only for some roles, i already get a filter on the region column.

I already thinked to put a filter with 'If' but he doesnt work on roles.

I don't really want to get two rapports to get the same informations one with all columns and another one without the turn over. Cause it's big sql requests. 

you would make my day if you get the solution. 

Best regards !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi nlefalher, 

I think RLS will hide the row instead of change the row value. So if you want to change cell value to 0 , you could try to use measure to achieve this. You could create table like below

525.PNG

Then create relationship like below

526.PNG

Try below measure

Measure 2 = IF(USERPRINCIPALNAME() IN VALUES('Table (2)'[name]), CALCULATE( SUM('Table'[ Turn over]), FILTER('Table','Table'[Region ]<>MIN('Table (2)'[Region])))+0,( SUM('Table'[ Turn over])))

527.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
dax
Community Support
Community Support

Hi nlefalher, 

I think RLS will hide the row instead of change the row value. So if you want to change cell value to 0 , you could try to use measure to achieve this. You could create table like below

525.PNG

Then create relationship like below

526.PNG

Try below measure

Measure 2 = IF(USERPRINCIPALNAME() IN VALUES('Table (2)'[name]), CALCULATE( SUM('Table'[ Turn over]), FILTER('Table','Table'[Region ]<>MIN('Table (2)'[Region])))+0,( SUM('Table'[ Turn over])))

527.PNG

Best Regards,
Zoe Zhi

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

nlefalher
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

So I worked on it, I simplify as much as I can to achieve it. I kept my SNL because i got at least 20 roles already done.

Measure 2 = IF(USERPRINCIPALNAME(REV-Emmanuel_BERTHIER);calcuLATE( sum('zsaisieent'[CA])),0)

My exemple was on my colleague Mr BERTHIER, with this formula he cannot see any turnover and with the SNL system he can only see data on his region.

Really thank you to open my mind to find a solution of my issue.

Best regards !

nlefalher
Frequent Visitor

I saw a lot of views but anyone answer. So I want to know if my question is weird? Is it easy to understand what I expect?

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.