Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

panoslaz
Helper I
Helper I

Manage dependencies within measures

Hi

I have the following problem.

I have a huge list with brand values per country/category. 

I need to make a simple division between the number of rows that fullfil a requirement (that will be dependent from a numeric slicer, say "value growth") and the total number of brands within that category. 

Thus, the slicer should affect only the numerator but not the denominator. 

The measure will be displayed in a KPI vis, demonstrating how many brands % achieved this value growth you selected in the slicer...

I will though have more slicers in that page, that would allow users to choose countries/ categories. 

These slicers should affect both numerators and denominators. 

I tried many ways, I created a pivot table in my source excel with total number of brands per country/category and although I established relationship it doesnt work. 

i think the best way would be to use filter functions but I really cannot land it, any ideas/ help? 

Thanks 

Panos

1 REPLY 1
v-cherch-msft
Employee
Employee

Hi @panoslaz

It seems you may add a slicer table "value growth". Then you may use SELECTEDVALUE Function to store the slicer value in a variable. Then the slicer value can be used to only affect the numerator. Below is the post which used the same way. If it is not your case, please share some simplified sample data for your scenario so that we could help further on it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/What-if-calculation-based-on-selected-value-in-slicer-not/m...

Regards,

Cherie

Community Support Team _ Cherie Chen
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.