Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

rneto
Frequent Visitor

Manage Roles Error

Dears

In the past, for interest sake, I've created a simple role only as a test. After many changes in my report it seems the syntax built in the past is now broken and doesn't allows me to access the manage roles in order to create a new role.

Without the accessibility to the manage roles option I can't delete or create new roles.

I know the formula is corrupted, but I wish to know how to manually delete this role? Maybe from the PBI folder in stored in C\Programs??? Any help?

1.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

@v-yuta-msft 

Thank you for your time trying to help.

Unfortunately even after the cache clear the error persists.

This pop up error appears everytime I click in "Manage Roles" and it doesnt allows me to interact with te created roles.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-yuta-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@rneto ,

Do you mean you can't move into "Manage Roles" in power bi desktop? Click File-> Options-> Data load and click clear cache to check if this issue still persists.

Capture.PNG 

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-yuta-msft 

Thank you for your time trying to help.

Unfortunately even after the cache clear the error persists.

This pop up error appears everytime I click in "Manage Roles" and it doesnt allows me to interact with te created roles.

@rneto ,

This issue should be related to the latest version is incompatible with the old version of power bi desktop. You can download the previous version here.

Community Support Team _ Jimmy Tao

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

rneto
Frequent Visitor

not solved. 

work around was to delete the dataset that was affecting the roles, once this was done I've gain access to the manage roles again and was able to edit and create other roles as usual.

Not great but at least worked.

rneto
Frequent Visitor

There's any specific place I need to place this forum in order to be replied?

Someone could kindly help with this issue?

Thank you again.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.