Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Manage Relationship - Button disabled in Home

Hi Experts , Need your suggestion .

I m connecting to a SSAS model ( cube ) through import mode ( not Live Conection ) .

So i expect the Manage Relationship  button should be enabled in my Home Button , however i do see it as Disabled .

Resulting i am manually unable to do any relationship .

Any suggestion how to ovecome this please ?

Thanks

Sameer

5 REPLIES 5
V-lianl-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

SSAS is a complete model of data analysis.
If you choose a Live Connection, it means that the entire external model is loaded in and can not be converted into a composite model and related to other tables in power bi.
You can select import mode for all, or create tables and establish relationships in SSAS and use Live Connection.

Best Regards,
Liang
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @V-lianl-msft :  Does that mean , in Power Bi when i am connecting with import mode to a cube , still I will not be able to manage relationship in power bi itself ?  

Every relationships should be done in the SSAS cube itself ? 

The reason i am curious to know , because I was under the impression that , if i connect to SSAS cube in IMPORT mode , then i should have the previlege to edit the relationshop ( manage relationship ) at the power bi end .   Am i wrong here ?  

Please provide me a clear picture as i am confused .   Also please restirict your answer to       :   SSAS cube    Vs   Power BI import Mode   Vs  Manage Relationship.       Is it possible to Manage relationship in Power BI import mode while connection to SSAS cube ?  

Many thanks for your time .

I can swear it is working before.

I have templates that has different chart relationships but I cannot change them anymore. This proves that I was able to manage relationships before using Live Connection for SQL Analysis Services connectivity.

Why is this disabled?

--- POST UPDATE---

My bad, I was talking about Edit Interactions, and not Manage Relationships.

I guess managing relationships (plural) are always complicated. 🙂

VasTg
Memorable Member
Memorable Member

As per this post, you should be able to do it.

https://community.powerbi.com/t5/Desktop/Multi-dimensional-model-with-PowerBI-on-Import-Mode/td-p/26...

Quite interesting..
Connect on LinkedIn
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi , The link which you provided , says that i need to connect in Live Connection mode to keep all the relationship between tables that is there in the SSAS cube relationship.

Howeve , that is not my requirement .  I connected through Live connection , and i also connected throgh Import mode , in both of the cases my  MANAGE RELATIONSHIP button is disabled .

The only reasons i wanted to do some manual relationship , because , while i try to drag fields from various tables in power BI , it says :  The visualization cant be displayed because power Bi can not detemine the relationship .  Even thogh in the Cube the relationship is alreay there .  So i m literally scratching my head , and do not know how to proceed on . I want to get rid of this issue -  CANNOT DISPLAY THE VISUAL , BECAUSE POWER BI CAN NOT DETERMINE THE RELATIONSHIP .

Thanks Again

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.