Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Ayupchap
Helper III
Helper III

Making totals in a Matrix Visual Percentages?

Hi there

Still totally new at all of this.  Struggling to show a matrix visual as a %.  Is there anyway to do this?  if so easy to follow steps would be so great as I'm seriously using the trial and error method of building out these things and not sure the kind of power this app has and whats possible.  Any help much appreciated.  Below is a screenshot of the matrix window so far.

matrix.PNG

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
vesztamas
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

on Visualiztaion panel at Values section you drop down at the requires value. After it select Quick calc and show value as Percent of Grand total.

Br, Tamas

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
vesztamas
Frequent Visitor

Hello,

on Visualiztaion panel at Values section you drop down at the requires value. After it select Quick calc and show value as Percent of Grand total.

Br, Tamas

WOOHOOO!!! Amazing thanks so much!!!

You are welcome, but say thank you for power bi developers. This easy way of showing the percentage is able from February version of Power BI desktop.

Do the new quick calc functions work with a tabular model? I cannot find them.  Thanks.

I just made a qucik test with MS tabular example, and yes it's working.

quick_calc.jpgquick_calc2.jpg

Thanks for the quick response.  Please see what I am seeing below.  I've also pasted a screenshot to show you what version of Power BI I am on.  To clarify, I am connecting to a tabular model through SSAS.  Any thoughts or suggestions as to why I'm not seeing the new quick calc in the drop down?

2017-02-13.jpg2017-02-13_2.jpg

Unfortunately, I don't know. please share the pbix, and I try to figure out. thank you Tamas

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.