Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Making the Search text box of the Slicer Visual more prominent and easy to find

Hi All,

I like the search text box functionality because it lets me rapidly locate an item instead of having to scroll down hundres of rows of information.

sau001_0-1601759706686.png

However, looking at how my users have been using the reports, I have the following observations:

Problem 1 - They are often not aware they need to click on the "magnifying glass" icon on the top right to bring up the Search text box functionality

Problem 2 - Even after the Search text box is up, the users often do not realize that there is a Text box where they can type a key word. I guess this boils down to poor contrast between itself and the ambience, lack of tooltip or some grayed out text that would draw the attention of the user.

Any suggestions? 

Thanks,

Sau

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, current the search feature may not humanize enough to achieve your requirements.

Perhaps you can try to use the custom text filter visuals or try to submit ideas to help improve these features.

custom visual Text Filter 

Power BI Ideas 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
v-shex-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous,

Yes, current the search feature may not humanize enough to achieve your requirements.

Perhaps you can try to use the custom text filter visuals or try to submit ideas to help improve these features.

custom visual Text Filter 

Power BI Ideas 
Regards,

Xiaoxin Sheng

Community Support Team _ Xiaoxin
If this post helps, please consider accept as solution to help other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello  @v-shex-msft ,

Thanks for pointing to the Text Filter component from Microsoft. This was really helpful.

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Great insight. You should raise an idea on ideas.powerbi.com for that.

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.