Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

memason

Making basic attendance stats - measured columns?

Hello!

I'm still very new to PowerBi and have been struggling with trying to make a basic attandance tracker for departments in meetings.

The data set includes the department name, the date, member, and alternate. Attendance for member/alternative is 1 or 0.

I'm struggling with making cards and a table that reflects what all I'm trying to do

• Track the average total attandance of all departments (20) per month (as a card + table)
  • Have the attance table show the min expected attance rate being 80% for individual departments + average of all departments for the month (does not show properly on my table)
  • We do not have a meeting every month which affects the total possible meetings for attandance. Example: Our May meeting was cancelled and we will likely cancel our Nov/Dec meetings as well. Total possible meeings to attend this year would = 9

I created a column for expectedattancerate = .8 in hopes of making it set 80% as the value but that hasn't been the case.

Any guidance on how to make this easy and have it be a skill building experience I would greatly appreciate it. I'm very confused and find DAX a bit overwhelming.

Thank you!

memason_1-1654627158237.png

memason_0-1654627129653.png

4 REPLIES 4
speedramps
Super User
Super User

Click on your ExpectedAttendanceRate field 

then click on Format = Percentage  and decimals = 1

0.8 will then display as 80.0%

speedramps_1-1654628866000.png

I helped you, now help me with kudos.

Click the thumbs up and accept solution button. Thanks 😎

Hi!

Thanks for that quick fix regarding the 80% value. However - it does not address the rest of my inital ask.

Please don't ask for the solution to be accepted if it's not truly a full solution 😎

The provided suggestion also does not resolve the true 80% aspect or take into account that there is not truly 12 meetings that will happen this year. At this time there has only been 4 actual meetings this year.

memason_0-1654629757644.png

We want to help.

Please provide some example input data (as table(s) not a screen prints, so solvers can import the data and build a solution.

You can simply copy and paste tables into to chat, but dont share private data.

Also provide example desired output, with a brief clear decsription of what you want.

Use the same field names in the input, output and decsription so we know what you mean.

One prolblem per ticket please.

If you have multiple requirements, then please raise multiple tickets. Rather than put them all in one ticket. You will get quicker replies and each solver will get kudos. 

Thank you.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.