Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

HxH
Helper II
Helper II

Making a visual disappear when there's no selection

Hy everyone, 
I built a visual with a CLUSTERED BAR CHART that only shows value if there's one selection made in a certain filter. Therefore when I have no selection I would like to have no data at all, to have a blank, clean screen in that position. 

Instead I get this: 

Capture.PNG

The title is correct but I don't want those lines and those points on the X axis. I know I could disable the gridlines or the X axis alltogether but I like to have them when, instead, I do have a model selected and data on my visual. 

Is there some way I could correct this? Either in the visual's settings or in the DAX I wrote for that formula (which has an IF(HASONEFILTER) condition with a BLANK as the last argument in order to show nothing when I don't have a filter selected). 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @HxH ,

yes there is a possible solution -> @MattAllington describes it here.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

Hello @HxH ,

yes there is a possible solution -> @MattAllington describes it here.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.