Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Making a table selection (visualisation) change a pie charts title

Hi,

I'm trying to change the name of a pie chart based off of which value is selected in my table (visualisation). I've seen a video that shows how you can do this for a slicer by using SELECTEDVALUE() but this doesn't work if i click a row in my table.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYLKDPcvgK8&feature=youtu.be

E.g I have a table with 

Name          USD Spend

XXXX            $500

YYYY             $600

and when I select XXXX in the table visualisation, i'd need the pie chart title to change to USD Spend for XXXX. 

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for my mistake, I didn’t notice that you wanna realize the function in a table visualization. Table visualization is a bit different from slicer, when you use slicer, the interactions between  2 visuals only work as “filter”, but when you use “table”, there are 2 options for the interaction, ”highlight ”and “filter”. You can change the interaction way by the following steps:

click an empty area of the table visual, then go to the menu bar of  desktop, click “format”  and choose “edit interactions” ,then you will find that on the right top of the pie chart, there are three options: “highlight”, ”filter” and “none” , choose “filter” and it will show as you requested.

888.png999.png

Finally you will see as below:

88.png

Sorry again and hope this time would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
v-kelly-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

As  is shown in the video, you can use a measure to realize the title modification automatically, the measure is as below:

Selected name = "USD Spend for "&SELECTEDVALUE(selection[Name],"Name")

Then  what you need is to select the pie chart ,  expand the title selection and change it to “conditional formatting” and select the measure:

111.png222.png

Finally you will see the chart title changed as below:

333.png

For more details about formatting titles, you can turn to the URL below:  

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-conditional-format-visual-titles

The related .pbix file you can turn to URL:

https://wicren-my.sharepoint.com/:u:/g/personal/michael_wicren_onmicrosoft_com/Ef_XrwTL24xElxMlWWoslWQBdRWyl1VT_mkZeAKcN-_QzA

Hope this would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Kelly,

Yes, that works correctly for a SLICER but i'm trying to use a table (visualisation) to change the pie chart name when I select a row. I think i've narrowed down the issue. It seems that because my 'edit interactions' only highlights the value in the pie chart, it doesn't filter it - meaning that the name of the pie chart doesn't change. Any way to get around this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've found a hacky way of solving this by creating a card that covers the pie chart title and shows the value of the table row that I have picked!

Hi @Anonymous ,

If your problem has been solved, could you please mark the reply as Answered? If not, pls let me know.

Many thanks.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Hi @Anonymous ,

Sorry for my mistake, I didn’t notice that you wanna realize the function in a table visualization. Table visualization is a bit different from slicer, when you use slicer, the interactions between  2 visuals only work as “filter”, but when you use “table”, there are 2 options for the interaction, ”highlight ”and “filter”. You can change the interaction way by the following steps:

click an empty area of the table visual, then go to the menu bar of  desktop, click “format”  and choose “edit interactions” ,then you will find that on the right top of the pie chart, there are three options: “highlight”, ”filter” and “none” , choose “filter” and it will show as you requested.

888.png999.png

Finally you will see as below:

88.png

Sorry again and hope this time would help.

Best Regards,

Kelly

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.