Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Earn the coveted Fabric Analytics Engineer certification. 100% off your exam for a limited time only!

edrive

Making a standardized report

Hello,

I'm very new to the BI world and have a few questions. Let's say I have a few excel files produced monthly to help track things like revenue per client, total sales, etc., that use have the same column headers each month. If I create a BI report for one month, is there a way to export that layout with the visualizations as a kind of standardized report so that I could just import the data for the next month and have it populate the existing visualizations?

I hope that makes sense, any help would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @edrive ,

If you keep the name of the source Excel document the same every time, (i.e. rename it every month and keep it in the same folder.) Then just refresh the report every month.

Hope this helps!

Caleb Foster

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @edrive ,

If you keep the name of the source Excel document the same every time, (i.e. rename it every month and keep it in the same folder.) Then just refresh the report every month.

Hope this helps!

Caleb Foster

Thanks for the response! Would this work if there are multiple files that I'm pulling data from to use in the one report every month?

Anonymous
Not applicable

AS long as you aren't messing with the format, they should have no problem being updated. As long as you set up your query in an understandable way you should be able to spot errors rather easily if they come about

Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, as long as you standardize the filename and keep them in the same place it should be good to go!

Helpful resources

Announcements
April AMA free

Microsoft Fabric AMA Livestream

Join us Tuesday, April 09, 9:00 – 10:00 AM PST for a live, expert-led Q&A session on all things Microsoft Fabric!

March Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - March 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.