Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Charday
Regular Visitor

Making a risk report from MS Project Online - creating visuals

I am a new user and am trying to create a risk report on PowerBI using information about projects which has been imported from MS Project Online.

1. I want to calculate the number of risks per project and show this in a visual. I think I need to add an extra column in the underlying data tables using a fornula to calculate this. However, I'm unsure whether this should be created in the Risks table or the Projects table and what formula to use. Each Project has a unique ProjectID and this is the common key between tables. Each Risk also has a unique RiskID but multiple risks can be linked to each project and some have no risks attached at all.

2. I would then like to create a donut chart which shows the total number of projects available but split by whether or not they have any risks attached. I think I can use the information from step one and then when I know whether a project has a risk number of 0 or anything more, I should turn this in to a binary figure. However, I am unsure how to create a formula in the data tables to do so.

Any help would be much appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-jialluo-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Charday ,

Please follow these steps:

(1)Create a measure to calculate the number of risks per project.

Number of risks = CALCULATE(COUNT(Risk[ID]),FILTER(ALL(Risk),Risk[Project ID] = MAX(Project[ID])))

(2) Create a calculated column to determine whether the project is at risk

ISRISK = IF([Number of risks]>0,"RISK","NO RISK")

(3) Final output

vjialluomsft_0-1669616128532.png

Best Regards,

Gallen Luo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
v-jialluo-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Charday ,

Please follow these steps:

(1)Create a measure to calculate the number of risks per project.

Number of risks = CALCULATE(COUNT(Risk[ID]),FILTER(ALL(Risk),Risk[Project ID] = MAX(Project[ID])))

(2) Create a calculated column to determine whether the project is at risk

ISRISK = IF([Number of risks]>0,"RISK","NO RISK")

(3) Final output

vjialluomsft_0-1669616128532.png

Best Regards,

Gallen Luo

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors