Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Making a dynamic microsoft power bi report for every user

I'm working in a dashboard of KPIs in my angular application using the iframe genarated when publishing the report , well it contains some power bi reports.I want it parametrable with the userId so a personal report is showen for every user .

Any help? and thanks

4 REPLIES 4
v-lid-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you are looking for showing report with different data for every one, we can use Row-lever security (RLS) to archieve your requirement, please refer to the following documents about how to use this feature:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/service-admin-rls

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/power-bi/desktop-rls

If you want to show different report page for different user, you can use the pageName parameter, The value provided in the pageName setting corresponds to the end of the report URL when viewing a report in the Power BI Service.

<iframe width="720" height="640" src="https://app.powerbi.com/reportEmbed?reportId=[ReportID]&autoAuth=true&ctid=[ITID]&config=[Config]&pageName=ReportSectionfb03c940d50018e49203&filter=Budget/Brand eq 'Contoso'" frameborder="0" allowFullScreen="true"></iframe>

6.PNG

If it doesn't meet your requirement, could you please provide more details about expected result?

Best regards,

Community Support Team _ Dong Li
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your help and i tried that but i think this is nor helping.

i will try to clear my question :

Data are gathered from a SQL Server database.

When a user logs into the web app, I'd like for the queries to update based on that user's ID. So, something like the statement below where the "userid" value dynamically changes.

select * from table where userid = 1234

Hi @Anonymous ,

We can use the parameter in power query editor, but if you want to get the data based on the user ID, you need to update parameter then refresh the dataset.

The refresh has limition and need time to query again.

Best regards,

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for yout solution but i already know it.And i used it for the companies (just 2 companies) but when using it for the users it is not efficiant because you will need to add a filter for every user ( let is say we have 100 one).

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.