Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Zarlot531
Helper V
Helper V

Making 1 line come to the foreground on a line chart

So here's a line chart. I know how to color each line how I want. Is there a way to make sure 1 of the lines show up consistently? see 10/31/2020, colored red? That's the most important line. I'd rather it not be behind any other lines. Capture33333.JPG

4 REPLIES 4
V-pazhen-msft
Community Support
Community Support

@Zarlot531 

Did you found a workaround? 

Paul

themistoklis
Community Champion
Community Champion

@Zarlot531 

If I am not wrong if you change the colour for one a specific line (and not use the default colours) then this colour will be kept even when you filter the data.

Have you tried that?

MFelix
Super User
Super User

Hi @Zarlot531 ,

Are you using a legend or several measure to make your chart?

If you are using more than one measure the order in withc you place the measures makes the orders the lines are presented in the chart, if it's a legend, try to make a sort column and placing number one on the measure you want to place on first place, be aware that since you have a lot of colours problably that can be confusing and altough the measure is on top of the others in some points may appear to be under because of the crossing of the colours.

Regards

Miguel Félix

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!

Proud to be a Super User!

Check out my blog: Power BI em Português

I'm using a legend. I will try this at some point and let you know. Thanks. And I know the chart is confusing, but this is the one I've been tasked with making. They wanted all of the lines available. 

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.