Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Make time series of daily data

Hi,

I have access to a web page with daily fund data. This page is updated each day, but has no price history, ony current days value.

I have imported the information from the web page in Power BI and can see todays price. 

My question: Is there a smooth way to "save" the daily updates from the web page consecutively in Power BI so that I can create a historic price chart? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to my understanding, you want to save historical data from a web page that is updated daily,right?

Firstly, ideas about automatically exporting data on different time basis has been submitted in these links, please give your votes at power bi site's feedback

Allow to create historical records

auto historical comparison of data

For more information,you can refer to

Storing and using information from a dynamic data source using PBI desktop

How To Keep Historic Data In Power BI - Advanced Query Editor Concepts

Keep The Existing Data In Your Power BI Dataset And Add New Data To It Using Incremental Refresh

Using Powershell-script and use a task-scheduler to run it:  https://github.com/djouallah/PowerBI_Desktop_ETL

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
v-eqin-msft
Community Support
Community Support

Hi @Anonymous ,

According to my understanding, you want to save historical data from a web page that is updated daily,right?

Firstly, ideas about automatically exporting data on different time basis has been submitted in these links, please give your votes at power bi site's feedback

Allow to create historical records

auto historical comparison of data

For more information,you can refer to

Storing and using information from a dynamic data source using PBI desktop

How To Keep Historic Data In Power BI - Advanced Query Editor Concepts

Keep The Existing Data In Your Power BI Dataset And Add New Data To It Using Incremental Refresh

Using Powershell-script and use a task-scheduler to run it:  https://github.com/djouallah/PowerBI_Desktop_ETL

Best Regards,
Eyelyn Qin
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.