Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

PaulDBrown
Community Champion
Community Champion

Make page backround transparent?

Hi community,

I am seeking to make a page backround transparent so that the wallpaper images comes through.

I have tried creating an image in Photoshop, including a box for my page title, and with a transparent backround. When I load it however, the default page backround colour kicks in. If I play around with the transparency settings, the title box is obviously affected which is not what I want. I need to get rid of the default page backround colour, but there doesn't seem to be a setting for this.

Any workaround?

Thanks!.

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

3 REPLIES 3
v-piga-msft
Resident Rockstar
Resident Rockstar

Hi @PaulDBrown ,

Have you solved the problem based on the suggestion of JosefPrakljacic ?

If you have solved, please always accept the replies making sense as solution to your question so that people who may have the same question can get the solution directly.

If you still need help, please share some screenshots to describe your scenario better and your desired output so that we could have a test on it.

Best  Regards,

Cherry

Community Support Team _ Cherry Gao
If this post helps, then please consider Accept it as the solution to help the other members find it more quickly.

@v-piga-msft@JosefPrakljacic 

Unfortunately the solution provided doesn't solve the issue. 

For most of my reports, I create backround images with title boxes and/or filter panes with fancy drop-shadow effects to embelish the aesthetics.

The issue arises when you add a wall paper and you wish to let it be seen through the report pages. Since changing the transparency of the backround image affects all elements (backround image and page colour, the elements such as title boxes lose there backround colour.

The idea would be to be to be able to set the backroung page colour transparency seprarately from the image backround transparency.

I have created some images to illustrate this.

no transp f.jpg

50 transp f.jpg

The workaround is to import the title box + other elements as images instead of as part of a page backround image. This however is cumbersome and requires more fine tuning in Power BI.

Outpu ft.jpg

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution!
In doing so, you are also helping me. Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!
Paul on Linkedin.

JosefPrakljacic
Solution Sage
Solution Sage

I hope I understood you right.

You just need to import your Background Image and set the Tranparency to 0 Percent.

2019-09-12 16_00_17-Untitled - Power BI Desktop.png

In Power BI you will always have background color.

Maybe you should play with the selection pane in order to place your images correctly?

Could you provide us with some examples or expected results in order to understand you right.

If this post was helpful may I ask you to mark it as solution and give it some kudos?

Have a nice day!

BR,
Josef

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.