Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

Skemaz
Advocate II
Advocate II

Make one column the Heading for other columns

Hi

If you check out the screen-shot below, what I want to do is have the column (highlighted below) to become the header for all the other columns.

The values in the highlighted column range from 1-13 for each horse. These are the section breaks of the race-course that each horse runs from start to finish.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks, Mark.

Picture1.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi    @Skemaz

You can try pivoting the column with the Don't aggregate option.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
BhaveshPatel
Community Champion
Community Champion

Hi    @Skemaz

You can try pivoting the column with the Don't aggregate option.

Thanks & Regards,
Bhavesh

Love the Self Service BI.
Please use the 'Mark as answer' link to mark a post that answers your question. If you find a reply helpful, please remember to give Kudos.

Hi Bhavesh

Many thanks.

After doing what you suggested, I created seperate queries for each section using the original query as my source then removing the other sections and filtering out the null values.

After that I merged all the queries giving me a column for the horses and columns for the sections.

Many thanks for your solution.

Best regrads, Mark.

Hi Bhavesh
Thanks for the sugestion.
I'll try to do it when I get back to my computer.
Regards, Mark.
vanessafvg
Super User
Super User

@Skemaz Mark sorry i am not quite clear on what you asking can you demonstrate what the data should look like if it was as you want it to be?

If I took the time to answer your question and I came up with a solution, please mark my post as a solution and /or give kudos freely for the effort 🙂 Thank you!

Proud to be a Super User!

Hi Vanessa
Thanks for your assistance.
What I want the resulting table to look like is for the Section numbers that recur 13 times for each horse in the column shown above to become the 1st row / header of the table.
The horse name would also be a column.
This will allow me to create a table visualizer where each horse has all 13 section times across the single row for each horse.
Sorry, I'm typing on my phone and couldn't draw a table for the above, so I hope that this explanation suffices.
Thank you very much for helping.
Best regards, Mark.

So my table would be.
HORSE NAME, S1, S2, S3, S4, S5, S6, S7, S8, S9, S10, S11, S12, S13
NAME, T1, T2, T3, T4, T5, T6, T7, T8, T9, T10, T11, T12, T13
I hope that helps.
Best regards, Mark.

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.