cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tan Advocate I
Advocate I

Re: Make measure ignore specific filter

Would you please let me know how did you resolve this I am facing similar issue. TIA

AkhilAshok Solution Sage
Solution Sage

This is not really an issue. It is clearly explained in this article from Alberto. It is happening because of Auto Exist feature in DAX.

Besides, creating a seperate dimension table is not really a workaround, but rather a best practice. A Star Schema is always considered best when working with Power BI Datamodel. This is what makes it more powerful!

View solution in original post

Lasselakan Advocate III
Advocate III

Thank you! Finally someone cares to understand the problem thoroughly and not just throws out a guess!
KMRP_1234
Regular Visitor

I have created a different distinct values table for Month+Year, and used ALL( Table2[Month+Year]) in CALCULATE function. Still doesn't work for me! any other solution I can try out? 

Highlighted
newtrainee
Frequent Visitor

@Greg_Deckler 

Hi Greg,

My measure is giving wrong column sub total but correct row sub total.

My Actual Measure in the report:

Measure =

VAR Y=
CALCULATE(SUMX(VALUES('CurrentTimeEntry Details'),[ActualHours]),ALLSELECTED('Staff Details'[Employee Name])]))

VAR X = CALCULATE(SUM ('CurrentTimeEntry Details'[ActualHours]))

Return x/Y

Output I am getting:

EmployeeProject1Project2Total
A0.300.3
B0.210.190.25(NOT CORRECT)
C00.30.3
Total0.510.491

It is coming wrong as the measure is behaving at the backend like below ie ( Filtering across the project)

Measure = 
VAR Y=
CALCULATE(SUMX(VALUES('CurrentTimeEntry Details'),[ActualHours]),ALLSELECTED('Staff Details'[Employee Name]),ALLSELECTED('Project Details'[Complete Project Detail]))  <--- Filtering

VAR X = CALCULATE(SUM ('CurrentTimeEntry Details'[ActualHours]))

Return x/Y

Can you please suggest the solution as I am unable to avoid filtering and fix this
charleshale Advocate II
Advocate II

Can you try calculate ( [measure], allexcept ( .......the one item you're trying to have work as a filter....)?

And if you need to, you could go to the table that your filtering against and add custom columns to allow easier filters

Helpful resources

Announcements
New Ranks Launched March 24th!

New Ranks Launched March 24th!

The time has come: We are finally able to share more details on the brand-new ranks coming to the Power BI Community!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

‘Better Together’ Contest Finalists Announced!

Congrats to the finalists of our ‘Better Together’-themed T-shirt design contest! Click for the top entries.

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Arun 'Triple A' Event Video, Q&A, and Slides

Missed the Arun 'Triple A' event or want to revisit it? We've got you covered! Check out the video, Q&A, and slides now.

Join THE global Microsoft Power Platform event series.

Join THE global Power Platform event series.

Attend for two days of expert-led learning and innovation on topics like AI and Analytics, powered by Dynamic Communities.

Community Summit North America

Community Summit North America

Innovate, Collaborate, Grow. The top training and networking event across the globe for Microsoft Business Applications

Top Solution Authors
Top Kudoed Authors