Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

crln-blue
Post Patron
Post Patron

Make hierarchy sort by its item ID not alphabetical

Hello!

I made a hierarchy using the Path Function and when I used it to the Matrix table, it automatically sorts alphabetically. Is there a way for the hierarchy to NOT sort alphabetically? I fixed my item ID since I'm assuming that the sort will follow the item ID but it does not.

The sort by item ID is important because it's already arranged in my desired sort.

Thanks!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
Anonymous
Not applicable

@crln-blue , You need to sort the column by ID. Please select the colum you want to sort and under column tools, you will find the option to do so.Capture.PNG

Please note: Both the columns should be in the same table.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please mark my solution Accepted!

View solution in original post

I finally saw this feature. I noticed that in the report view, I need to highlight the column to be sorted and the button will appear where I can set which sort column to be used. Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
amitchandak
Super User
Super User

Hello @amitchandak ,
Thanks for the link. I tried it but I think the column that will be used for sorting should also be on my visual. Unfortunately, I can't try the other method because my table is a DAX table.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@crln-blue , You need to sort the column by ID. Please select the colum you want to sort and under column tools, you will find the option to do so.Capture.PNG

Please note: Both the columns should be in the same table.

Did I solve your problem?

If yes, please mark my solution Accepted!

I finally saw this feature. I noticed that in the report view, I need to highlight the column to be sorted and the button will appear where I can set which sort column to be used. Thanks!

Hello @Anonymous ,

I tried the method you told me but it's still not reflecting. I didn't add the column on the visual since I don't need it. I just want it to be sorted in that way. 
My data is like this:

crln-blue_3-1607963853089.png

My expected output

• Collections
  • Total Materials
    • Imported
    • Local
  • Operating Costs
    • Rent 
    • Electricity

Ouput from Matrix Table

• Collections
  • Operating Costs
    • Electricty
    • Rent
  • Total Materials
    • Imported
    • Local

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.