Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

kafreitass
Helper I
Helper I

Make an API call/parameter dynamic

Hi people!

Can anybody help me? Pleasee.

I'm having a hard time finding a solution. I've been trying for days

I'm trying to extract data through API. I have an Pedido table. To get the details of this request I need to use a different Rest URL and a mandatory parameter (id) is requested (PedidosDetalhes table). So I thought if it would be possible for me to consult my Pedido table where I have all the id (column). So I would make dynamic this mandatory parameter requested by the API. It is possible to use a List.Generate?

3.jpg

Result I would like to get

2.png

Thanks guys

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

9 REPLIES 9
kafreitass
Helper I
Helper I

@lbendlin I made an example file, could you show me how to do this please? I'm having a lot of trouble

https://ufile.io/r5h47ej0 

lbendlin
Super User
Super User

Yes, you can do that.  Look at it from the other side. Have a list of IDs and then generate the URL for each ID separately.  Then append the results.

@lbendlin 

I changed the logic a little bit and this was the result I got. I think I have to use some dynamic form for the id value which is string

3.png

Where is the modified URL?  I thought you need to call it for different IDs?

@lbendlin 

The function id must refer to a list of id that is created by the system. I'm looking for a solution, trying several ways and I still can't get it.

5.png

In your table with the IDs add a column based on a custom function. Point to your function and specify the ID as a parameter.

@lbendlin I made an example file, could you show me how to do this please? I'm having a lot of trouble.

https://ufile.io/r5h47ej0 

see attached

@lbendlin Now it worked out great. Thank you so much for the help. Many thanks 🙂

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.

Top Solution Authors