Skip to main content
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Register now to learn Fabric in free live sessions led by the best Microsoft experts. From Apr 16 to May 9, in English and Spanish.

BuistJF
Helper I
Helper I

Make a table or matrix transparent

I can see previous posts showing how to do this but using historic versions of PBI. Is it still possible to make a table or matrix transparent. I've tried switching background of and setting style present to None but its not giving me what I want, outcome below:

BuistJF_0-1670582315736.png

I want the column headers and all value fields to be transparent.

Cheers for your help in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
VijayP
Super User
Super User

@BuistJF 

It is possible . You need to change the Table preset to None. Follow the snapshot attached

VijayP_0-1670582837379.png

Did I answer your question? Mark my post as a solution! Appreciate your Kudos!!
MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Proud to be a Super User!

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Banthos
Frequent Visitor

Can anyone advise if this works in Feb 2024 Power BI Desktop. I'm too many hours into attemtping to get a transparent table that in past versions took all of 1 minute.

THe details as listed no longer show up on the latest version. Any guidance? Thanks 

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

That was the solution, thank you very much.

Syndicate_Admin
Administrator
Administrator

Thank you

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@BuistJF 

If it is custom Theme you can still change background color to transparent

VijayP_0-1670584717004.png

MY Blog || My YouTube Channel || Connect with me on Linkedin || My Latest Data Story - Ageing Analysis

Hi @VijayP I am trying to make the background color of my table/matrix visual transparent but so far no luck. I have a custom theme so followed your instructions above (Style preset to None and 100% transparency in Customize theme/Visuals/Background) but this doesn't make the background transparent. Would you have any other suggestions?

@PunchBird 

VijayP_2-1682489017428.png

VijayP_1-1682488955397.png

Even in the Custom theme there is an option of Visual background that should be made transparent

@VijayP  thanks - I already tried this but the table and matrix visual don't become transparent. It seems to be caused by something else in my custom theme. When I try with a default theme, it works.

BuistJF
Helper I
Helper I

I believe its because I'm using a custom theme and therefore not able to achieve what I need, would you think this is the cause. I have tried adjusting the custom theme but PBI wont allow me to re-set to default, may need to re-build custom theme.

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@BuistJF 

It is not color , It is preset, Check the option of Preset as shown in the picture

VijayP
Super User
Super User

@BuistJF 

It is possible . You need to change the Table preset to None. Follow the snapshot attached

VijayP_0-1670582837379.png

I have been looking for this type of answer forever - so simple!

But why on earth have MS 'hidden' this option and not made it so, directly in all of the background color options no matter the type of visual, blooddy annoying.

Thank you for this quick response but I dont have an option to select 'no value' for background colour, see below: 

BuistJF_0-1670583227939.png

Helpful resources

Announcements
Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Microsoft Fabric Learn Together

Covering the world! 9:00-10:30 AM Sydney, 4:00-5:30 PM CET (Paris/Berlin), 7:00-8:30 PM Mexico City

PBI_APRIL_CAROUSEL1

Power BI Monthly Update - April 2024

Check out the April 2024 Power BI update to learn about new features.

April Fabric Community Update

Fabric Community Update - April 2024

Find out what's new and trending in the Fabric Community.